Updated: May 14
Here's your Hawaii Island Weather Forecast for Thursday, May 13th, 2021.
Published by: HIRSC - Weather Team
Here's your HIRSC - Thursday Weather Forecast for Hawaii Island:
Sunrise: 5:49 am/Sunset: 6:52 pm
Lighter trade wind pattern for most parts of Hawaii Island, with the exception of the Kona Coast, will continue to prevail throughout the day on Thursday. Kona Coast will continue to see typical Kona Wind pattern prevail on Wednesday (sunny skies in the morning hours and afternoon clouds building and showers along the upper elevations of Hualālai and the west slope of Maunaloa).
Breezy conditions along the North and South Hawaii and Kohala Coast regions with some gust reaching 28 mph in some areas. Kona Coast will see calm and light North/Northwest Winds. Hilo and Puna will see North and Northeast winds up to 14 mph and gust up to 18 mph.
East Hawaii (Includes South Hilo and Puna Districts):
- Scattered Showers mainly for the South Hilo and Puna Districts through the day and slowly clearing in some area in the afternoon hours and winds blowing from the North/Northwest up to 14 mph.
Hāmākua Coast (North Hilo to Hāmākua Districts):
- Partly sunny skies with some afternoon scattered showers in some areas in the North Hilo and Hāmākua Districts and winds blowing from the East up to 14 mph.
North Hawaii (North and South Kohala Districts including the Kohala Coast):
- Sunny in the AM and scattered showers in the afternoon with locally breezy conditions, particularly in Honoka'a, Kamuela, and Kohala Coastlines (including Upolu and Kapa'au), winds blowing from the east and northeast up to 23 mph, with some gust at 32 mph.
Kona Coast (North and South Kona Districts):
- Mostly sunny skies in the morning and afternoon clouds and scattered showers along the Kona Coast from daytime heating/sea breeze conditions, particularly upper elevations. Very light North and Northwest winds throughout the entire Kona Coast.
South Hawaii (Entire District of Ka'ū):
- Mostly sunny skies in the morning and afternoon clouds and scattered showers with locally breezy conditions, particularly in the Pāhala, Na'alehu, Volcano, and Ka Lae (South Point) Region. Winds blowing from the East, North/Northeast up to 16 mph, with some gust at 22 mph.
Weather Advisories on Hawaii Island:
None to Report