Here's your Hawaii Island Weather Forecast for Friday, May 14th, 2021.
(We added a few more towns to our map to help show the weather pattern around the whole island)
Published by: HIRSC - Weather Team
Here's your HIRSC - Friday Weather Forecast for Hawaii Island:
Sunrise: 5:50 am/Sunset: 6:52 pm
A very breezy trade pattern will prevail over North and South Hawaii and Kohala Coasts (including Kawaihae, Kohala Ranch, 'Upolu Point, and Kapa'au Town), with some gust, reaching 36 mph, the weather team will continue to monitor these windy conditions, as possible downed utilities and also sporadic outages may occur.
(Windsock graphic mark the regions with breezy/windy conditions forecasted)
Most of the island will see sunny skies in the morning and afternoon clouds and showers, particularly over the Kona Coast following daytime heating, which could lead some areas to see moderate and brief pockets of heavy showers at times.
Hilo and Puna will see a typical trade wind pattern with windward and mauka showers and some afternoon clearing in some areas of the East Hawaii region.
East Hawaii (Includes South Hilo and Puna Districts):
- Scattered Showers mainly for the South Hilo and Puna Districts through the day and slowly clearing in some area in the afternoon hours and winds blowing from the North/Northeast up to 20 mph.
Hāmākua Coast (North Hilo to Hāmākua Districts):
- Partly sunny skies with some afternoon scattered showers in some areas in the North Hilo and Hāmākua Districts and winds blowing from the East up to 15 mph. Honoka'a and Pa'auilo will see locally breezy conditions with some gust reaching 21 mph.
North Hawaii (North and South Kohala Districts including the Kohala Coast):
- Sunny in the AM and scattered showers in the afternoon with locally breezy conditions, particularly in Kamuela and also along the Kohala Coastlines (including Upolu, Kawaihae, and Kapa'au), winds blowing from the east and northeast up to 24 mph, with some gust at 36 mph.
Kona Coast (North and South Kona Districts):
- Mostly sunny skies in the morning and afternoon clouds and scattered showers along the Kona Coast from daytime heating/sea breeze conditions, particularly upper elevations. Winds will be blowing from the Southwest up to 10 mph.
South Hawaii (Entire District of Ka'ū):
- Mostly sunny skies in the morning and afternoon clouds and scattered showers with locally breezy conditions, particularly in the Pāhala, Na'alehu, Volcano, and Ka Lae (South Point) Region. Winds blowing from the East up to 20 mph, with some localized gust at 29 mph. Winds around the Hawaiian Ranchos and Hawaiian Ocean View Estates subdivision will be from the East/Southeast up to 15 mph.
Weather Advisories on Hawaii Island:
None to Report