Island of Hawaii Weather Forecast for May 15th, 2021
Here's your Hawaii Island Weather Forecast for Saturday, May 15th, 2021.
Published by: HIRSC - Weather Team
Here's your HIRSC - Saturday Weather Forecast for Hawaii Island:
Sunrise: 5:48 am/Sunset: 6:53 pm
A very breezy trade pattern will continue to prevail over parts of North and South Hawaii and Kohala Coasts (including Kawaihae, Kohala Ranch, 'Upolu Point, and Kapa'au Town), with some gust, reaching 28 mph, the weather team will continue to monitor these windy conditions, as possible downed utilities and also sporadic outages may occur.
(Windsock graphic mark the regions with breezy/windy conditions forecasted)
Most of the island will see sunny skies in the morning and afternoon clouds and showers, particularly over the Kona Coast following daytime heating, which could lead some areas to see moderate and brief pockets of heavy showers at times.
Hilo and Puna will again see a typical trade wind pattern with windward and mauka showers and some afternoon clearing in some areas of the East Hawaii region.
East Hawaii (Includes South Hilo and Puna Districts):
- Scattered Showers mainly for the South Hilo and Puna Districts through the day and slowly clearing in some area in the afternoon hours and winds blowing from the North/Northeast up to 20 mph.
Hāmākua Coast (North Hilo to Hāmākua Districts):
- Partly sunny skies with some afternoon scattered showers in some areas in the North Hilo and Hāmākua Districts and winds blowing from the East and changing at times from the Northeast and Northwest up to 10 mph.
North Hawaii (North and South Kohala Districts including the Kohala Coast):
- Sunny in the AM and scattered showers in the afternoon with locally breezy conditions, particularly in Kamuela and also along the Kohala Coastlines (including Upolu, Kawaihae, and Kapa'au), winds blowing from the northeast up to 20 mph, with some gust at 28 mph.
Kona Coast (North and South Kona Districts):
- Mostly sunny skies in the morning and afternoon clouds and scattered showers along the Kona Coast from daytime heating/sea breeze conditions, particularly upper elevations. Winds will be blowing from the Southwest up to 10 mph.
South Hawaii (Entire District of Ka'ū):
- Mostly sunny skies in the morning and afternoon clouds and scattered showers with locally breezy conditions, particularly in the Pāhala, Volcano, and Ka Lae (South Point) Region. Winds blowing from the Northwest, shifting to West and southwest up to 20 mph, with some localized gust at 28 mph. Winds around the Hawaiian Ranchos and Hawaiian Ocean View Estates subdivision will be from the East up to 9 mph.
Weather Advisories on Hawaii Island:
None to Report