Here's your Hawaii Island Weather Forecast for Sunday, May 16th, 2021.
Published by: HIRSC - Weather Team
Here's your HIRSC - Sunday Weather Forecast for Hawaii Island:
Sunrise: 5:48 am/Sunset: 6:53 pm
A very breezy trade pattern will continue to prevail over parts of North and South Hawaii and Kohala Coasts (including Kawaihae, Kohala Ranch, 'Upolu Point, and Kapa'au Town), with some gust, reaching 28 mph, the weather team will continue to monitor these windy conditions, as possible downed utilities and also sporadic outages may occur.
(Windsock graphic mark the regions with breezy/windy conditions forecasted)
Most of the island will see sunny skies in the morning and afternoon clouds and showers, particularly over the Kona Coast following daytime heating, which could lead some areas to see moderate and brief pockets of heavy showers at times.
Hilo and Puna will again see a typical trade wind pattern with windward and mauka showers and some afternoon clearing in some areas of the East Hawaii region.
East Hawaii (Includes South Hilo and Puna Districts):
- Again will see Scattered Showers mainly for the South Hilo and Puna Districts through the day and slowly clearing in some area in the afternoon hours and winds blowing from the Northwest up to 14 mph.
Hāmākua Coast (North Hilo to Hāmākua Districts):
- Partly sunny skies with some afternoon scattered showers in some areas in the North Hilo and Hāmākua Districts and winds blowing from the East and changing at times from the East up to 10 mph. Breezier conditions in Honoka'a, Pa'auhau, and Kukuihaele areas seeing gust up to 21 mph.
North Hawaii (North and South Kohala Districts including the Kohala Coast):
- Sunny in the AM (or sunny skies in the Waikoloa Beach and Puakō areas) and scattered showers in the afternoon with locally breezy conditions, particularly in Kamuela and also along the Kohala Coastlines (including Upolu and Kapa'au), winds blowing from the north, northeast, and east up to 17 mph, with some gust at 29 mph.
Kona Coast (North and South Kona Districts):
- Continue to see mostly sunny skies in the morning and afternoon clouds and scattered showers along the Kona Coast from daytime heating/sea breeze conditions, particularly upper elevations. Winds will be Light and Variable and South at 5 mph.
South Hawaii (Entire District of Ka'ū):
- Will continue to see mostly sunny skies in the morning and afternoon clouds and scattered showers with locally breezy conditions, particularly in the Na'alehu, Volcano, and Ka Lae (South Point) Region. Winds blowing from the east up to 16 mph, with some localized gust at 22 mph. Winds around the Hawaiian Ranchos and Hawaiian Ocean View Estates subdivision will be from the northeast up to 9 mph.
Weather Advisories on Hawaii Island:
None to Report