Here's your Hawaii Island Weather Forecast for Monday, May 17th, 2021.
Published by: HIRSC - Weather Team
Here's your HIRSC - Monday Weather Forecast for Hawaii Island:
Sunrise: 5:48 am/Sunset: 6:53 pm
A very breezy trade pattern will continue to prevail over parts of North and South Hawaii and Kohala Coasts (including Kawaihae, Kohala Ranch, 'Upolu Point, and Kapa'au Town), with some gust, reaching 38 mph, the weather team will continue to monitor breezy conditions as it could result in utility outages, fallen trees, and also some rescue incidents on the water as well. We will continue to monitor, should any events arise during the day.
(Windsock graphic mark the regions with breezy/windy conditions forecasted)
Most of the island will see partly sunny skies or scattered showers in the morning and some afternoon clearing or continued scattered showers throughout the day on Monday. East Hawaii region will see typical trade wind pattern, windward and mauka showers, with some partly sunny conditions throughout some parts. Kona Coast will continue to see a normal Kona Wind pattern, clear skies in the morning and afternoon clouds and showers, some moderate showers with the possibility of heavy showers at times.
East Hawaii (Includes South Hilo and Puna Districts):
- Again will see Scattered Showers mainly for the South Hilo and Puna Districts through the day and slowly clearing in some area in the afternoon hours and winds blowing from the Northeast up to 11 mph.
Hāmākua Coast (North Hilo to Hāmākua Districts):
- Partly sunny skies with some afternoon scattered showers in some areas in the North Hilo and Hāmākua Districts and winds blowing from the East-Southeast up to 22 mph. Breezier conditions in Honoka'a, Pa'auhau, and Kukuihaele areas seeing gust up to 31 mph.
North Hawaii (North and South Kohala Districts including the Kohala Coast):
- Sunny in the AM (or sunny skies in the Waikoloa Beach and Puakō areas) and scattered showers in the afternoon with locally breezy conditions, particularly in Kamuela and also along the Kohala Coastlines (including Upolu and Kapa'au), winds blowing from the north and northeast up to 28 mph, with some gust at 38 mph.
Kona Coast (North and South Kona Districts):
- Continue to see mostly sunny skies in the morning and afternoon clouds and scattered showers along the Kona Coast from daytime heating/sea breeze conditions, particularly upper elevations. Winds will be West, Southwest, and Northwest up to 14 mph.
South Hawaii (Entire District of Ka'ū):
- Will continue to see mostly sunny skies in the morning and afternoon clouds and scattered showers with locally breezy conditions, particularly in the Ocean View, Na'alehu, Pāhala, Volcano, and Ka Lae (South Point) Region. Winds blowing from the east up to 26 mph, with some localized gust at 38 mph. Winds around the Hawaiian Ranchos and Hawaiian Ocean View Estates subdivision will be from the northeast up to 16 mph with some gust at 22 mph.
Weather Advisories on Hawaii Island:
None to Report