New things are coming to HIRSC Website, Facebook, and team by the end of 2019.
HIRSC team would like to announce some new things or features coming to HIRSC media platforms:
Beginning in December: the HIRSC team will be monitoring traffic conditions/incidents on Hawaii Island roadways to help residences and motorists plan for the day ahead. Times member will be monitoring and posting updates are as follows:
- Weekday mornings from 6:00 am to 8:30 am
- Weekday afternoon/evenings from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Weekend updates will be done as needed or as incidents happen.
Format of our traffic reports will look something like this:
- Traffic Advisory (Puna District): Single Vehicle Accident on Hwy 130 near Kaloli Ave blocking Kea'au bound lane and HPD contra-flowing traffic at this time in the Pahoa bound lanes. No injuries have been reported. Delays up to 15-20 minutes reported.
- Traffic Advisory (North Kona): Stalled Semi with Trailer stalled in the Kailua Bound lane on Palani Road near Ane Keohokalole Hwy/Henry St intersection. HPD directing traffic at this time and motorist are advised to use Ane Keohokalole Hwy or Queen Kaahumanu Hwy (via Hina Lani Street or Kealaka'a/Manawalea/Keanalehu Bypass to Kealakehe Parkway. Anticipate a delay of 20-25 minutes.
With the addition of the Traffic Reports, HIRSC team has welcomed 3 new members (1 on Hawaii Island, 1 in California, 1 in Arizona) and are fortunate to have them apart of our team with traffic/civil engineering experience and background. They will be assisting us in answering any questions followers may have about any related to traffic or civil engineering/designs. So feel free to send us any questions and will do our best to answer them to the best of our abilities.
Scanner Log: Started by back in June, will be restarted/continued on November 10th, 2019. HIRSC team is currently making some updates to the format and working to tie it in with new digital interface software recently acquired. Testing is still be done and hoping to have it completed by November 10th. So Stay Tuned for updates and preview of our new log format.
Information Update Center will undergo a major facelift and be online in December. We also working to categorized all updates to all users to access/reference articles when needed.
Mobile Format is currently undergoing updates and should be completed in December 2019.
Since our website is constantly being accessed all around the world and a lot of our questions are related to travel tips on visiting Hawaii Isl