Fatal 2 Vehicle Accident (Jeep Renegade and Honda SUV) leads to the closure of Highway 19 (Queen Kaahumanu Hwy) in Kalaoa, North Kona.
The HIRSC Team has confirmed one fatality involved with this collision and have update information and details as they were confirmed and received.
Queen Kaahumanu Highway is closed to all traffic due to a Critical Head-On Collision near the 90-Mile Marker in Kalaoa, North Kona.
All motorist are advised to use the following detours:
- Traffic coming from Waikoloa Beach Resort area are asked to use the Waikoloa Road to access Highway 190 (Mamalahoa Hwy) for travel from Waikoloa to Kailua-Kona.
- Traffic coming from the Kailua-Kona area are asked to use Highway 190 (Mamalahoa Highway) for travel to Waikoloa. All traffic on Queen Kaahumanu Hwy will be detoured up Kaiminani Drive to access Highway 190.
Road Closure is expected to be in effect for the next 6-7 hours.
Details on the Incident:
- The initial call came in at 2:09 pm
- HFD units dispatched: Kailua (Company 7), Keauhou (Medic 12), Chopper 2, & AMR7
- Vehicles involved: Jeep Renegade & Honda SUV
- Injuries Reported: 1 - Critical, 2 - Serious, 1 - Good, 1 - DOA (Confirmed)
For Further Updates on this incident, please refer to Kalaoa Information Update for November 10th, 2019, please click here to view update.